This project is read-only.

Feedback

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:11 AM
I would love to see some feedback!
Aug 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I love the general idea about the AJAXTreeView control, but here's my problem:

The designer I work with has become adamant about page markup size, and won't let me use the asp.net treeview anymore because she sees the page source full of complex table markup and javascript calls. She thinks it is too complex and big for our clients to contend with.  Ok, so, with the AJAX control, I could reduce the page load initially, but for folks with the slow connections (like my designer with her slow satelite connection) will still have to deal with frequent delays when due to the AJAX update calls. Furthermore, I compared the HTML browser source results from my designs and the ATV test site pages, and the differences are only small, relatively. So, I probably won't convince my designer to consider the ATV route-- the tradeoffs null each other.

Problem is, she wants to use a stupid and very unhip looking CSS menu with impossible user interaction (menu jumps away from pointer). We're fighting over this. Waaaah!

Bob

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:36 AM

After downloading the sample code, I tried to convert the ParentID into string data type but i did not have very good luck.  I  wonder if this is OK to do so.  Any advice on this ?

This issue is very important for my project that need to use a treeview.

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Sorry, after reload the VS2008, it worked.  This is good.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Well for two reasons I can't use this code at this time:

1, the screen still flickers a lot at some nodes, almost as if there is no effect of ajax.

2. I further changed the Node ID in the sample code to the SSN format, it failed.  This is the format I meant:

Node ID  TItle

00001 ABC Company LLP

00001-000 Our Attorney Board Memberships

-001 General

00003 Monterey FIRST BANK

00003-001 General

00003-007 (Unknown)